Motorcycle accidents occur every day in America. Unfortunately, too many of these fatal crashes are occurring in Florida, in the Volusia County area. The sobering statistics are something to consider the next time you hop on your bike.
A Look at Five Key Statistics
In this article, our team of motorcycle crash attorneys looks at five key statistics concerning fatal Florida motorcycle crashes. According to Ride Smart Florida:
- 350 people lost their lives in motorcycle crashes in 2010. Fortunately, that number dropped from 502 in 2008.
- More motorcyclists between the ages of 45 and 54 lost their lives than any other age group.
- The median age of fatal victims was 42 years of age.
- 37 percent of those fatalities involved alcohol.
- 29 percent of those fatalities were related to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
No Matter How Safe You Ride
No matter what safety precautions you take, whether it’s wearing a helmet or protective clothing, you cannot control the driving habits of those with whom you share the sunny Florida roadways. Another driver’s negligence can result in your becoming seriously injured and unable to earn a living.
You should call one of our experienced Daytona Beach motorcycle accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. if you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle crash. Our team is ready to help and can be reached at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890.