Many people wonder whether they should call the police if they’ve been involved in a Daytona Beach car accident, especially if the accident appears minor. The simple answer is YES!
There Are Many Reasons to Dial 911
No matter how slight the accident is, you should always dial 911 immediately. This will:
- Ensure a crash report is completed. This can help your case down the line.
- Impact your ability to build a strong case if necessary.
- Help minimize the risk of the other party making false allegations.
How the Police Can Help
Having a police report on file can alleviate all kinds of potential headaches and strengthen your case. In addition, a police report will include relevant documentation such as:
- Where the accident occurred
- Location of the other vehicle(s)
- Witness statements
- Statements from the other driver(s)
The Next Step
Once you have sought medical attention, you should call a car accident attorney who can help gather and arrange the evidence to ensure you have a positive outcome to your personal injury case. It’s critical that you do this before talking to the insurance company. Their goal is to discredit your claims.
At Johnson & Gilbert, P.A., one of our experienced Daytona Beach car accident attorneys can assist you if you have been injured in a car crash. Get started today by calling our team at (386) 673-4412. We will work hard to protect your compensation rights.