Car accidents happen every day in America. In fact, millions of people are either injured or killed in car crashes every year. Though you never anticipate in being in one, a car accident in Daytona Beach can leave you disabled, unable to play with your kids and unable to earn a living.
A Look at Seven Interesting Facts Concerning Car Crashes
Since car accidents are so common, many trends and facts concerning injuries and deaths have evolved. Here is a look at seven interesting facts concerning car accident victims:
- Teen victims: According to statistics, on average 300,000 teens are injured in car crashes each year in the U.S. Nearly 5,000 lose their lives. That equals almost 14 per day. That is why you should ensure that your teen is properly prepared before they hit the streets, whether behind the wheel or as a passenger.
- Teens more likely to be injured. The news doesn’t get any better for teens. Research suggests that people between the ages of 16 and 20 have a higher chance of being injured or killed in a car crash than any other age group.
- Drinking and Driving. Nearly 40 percent of all U.S. accident fatalities involve alcohol. Of those, 75 percent take place between midnight and 3 a.m. That is why you should never drink and drive.
- Pedestrian children. How safe are your children when walking to and from school? School buses claim the lives of nearly 15 school-aged children each year. Most of those fatalities occur on weekdays between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Personal Injuries. There are many ways you could become a personal injury victim. However, research has found that car accidents are the most common cause of personal injuries worldwide.
- Common types of cars involved in crashes. Studies have concluded that sports cars and hatchbacks are more prone to accidents. Consider that before you buy your teen their first car.
- Cellphone use. Texting and talking on a cell phone while behind the wheel is dangerous. Statistics suggest that your chances of being involved in an accident jumps to 400 percent if you are using a cell phone while behind the wheel. Don’t be afraid to turn your phone off.
What to do if you are the Victim of a Car Accident
Knowing these facts will not necessarily prevent you from becoming a victim of a car accident. Someone else’s negligence can leave you with a lifetime of pain and suffering. That is why you should call our team at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A.
Your Compensation Rights
You might be able to hold the responsible party liable for your injuries. Our team has helped hundreds of Floridians get the compensation they deserve. Our goal is to protect your compensation rights and help you get the medical treatment you need.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, you should contact one of our experienced car accident attorneys in Daytona Beach at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890. Let us help you start building your case today.