It’s no secret that trucks are much larger than other motorized vehicles. Truck accidents tend to be more serious than other types of accidents. A Daytona Beach truck accident can leave you unable to perform your duties at work and facing a mountain of medical bills you can’t pay.
Tips to Avoiding a Truck Accident in Daytona Beach
Some truck accidents can be avoided, especially if you use caution when driving near a semi. Here are five safety tips to help you avoid becoming a statistic:
- Avoid following too closely. Again, semis are much larger than other vehicles, making it more difficult for a truck driver to slow down or stop safely. You should always avoid tailgating. Leaving plenty of space between your vehicle and a tractor-trailer will make it easier for you to avoid slamming into the rear of one if the driver should happen to stop without warning.
- Avoid blind spots. All vehicles have blind spots. However, a truck’s blind spots are much larger than those of a normal sized car. Never assume that a truck driver can see you. Avoid lingering alongside a truck, and always pass on the left.
- Use caution in bad weather or at night. Always make sure your headlights are on when traveling in bad weather and /or at night. Poor visibility makes it more difficult for truck drivers to see other vehicles. You should also drive slower than normal, especially when semis are nearby.
- Use caution when using entrance ramps. A large truck can’t slow down or stop as quickly as a car can. Allow an approaching truck driver the space they need when entering a road or a freeway.
- Report unsafe truck driving behavior. Don’t be afraid to report unsafe truck driver behavior. This may include excessive speeding, erratic driving, driving without the proper equipment, aggressive driving, and tailgating.
When a Truck Driver is at Fault
If you have been injured in a Daytona Beach truck accident, and the accident was the fault of the truck driver, you might be able to hold that person liable for your injuries. That is why you should call Johnson & Gilbert, P.A.
We Can Help
We have helped countless Florida car accident victims build successful truck accident injury cases. Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve for your damages. We understand how insurance companies operate and will make sure you are not taken advantage of.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident with a large truck, you should contact one of our experienced Daytona Beach truck accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890. Let us answer all your questions.