You’ve heard the horror stories: friends and family you know have applied for Social Security benefits because they are unable to work. After months and months of waiting, they finally get responses, but their bills are all overdue because for so long there was no income to pay them.
A few applicants, however, are able to get their cases treated as high priority by the Social Security Administration.
Are You Eligible to Receive Social Security Benefits Immediately?
Social Security is notorious for making applicants wait excessive amounts of time before receiving responses. However, you may be able to receive payments immediately through Supplemental Security Income. Typically, you can get help right away if you have a terminal illness or life-threatening or severe injury, such as:
- Down’s syndrome
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy
- Total deafness or blindness
- A neurological condition that affects your speech and ability to move your arms and legs
- A terminal illness that is expected to end your life within six months
- Amyotrophic lateral disease (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- End-stage renal disease that requires chronic dialysis treatments
- Stroke that has resulted in difficulty walking or limited the use of one or both arms
- The loss of a leg at the hip
- A symptomatic case of HIV or AIDS
- A spinal cord injury that has resulted in the inability to walk or communicate without the use of assistant devices
- A condition that has resulted in permanent or total immobility, unless you use a wheelchair, cane, or crutches
Contact Johnson and Gilbert For Help
The intricacies and nuances of Social Security are complex and difficult to understand. If you have questions, were already turned down, or need help with the application process, the attorneys of Johnson and Gilbert want to help.
Contact us today to learn how we have helped many in the Daytona Beach area receive the benefits they needed and deserve, and find out how we may be able to do the same for you.