As a motorcyclist, you are probably aware of the inherent risks associated with Daytona Beach motorcycle accidents. Understanding the common causes of motorcycle accidents can help keep you safe.
Common Scenarios Involving Motorcycle Accidents
A serious motorcycle accident can happen anywhere and at any time. Common scenarios and causes include:
- Head-on collisions. Research shows that 78 percent of motorcycle fatalities occur during head-on collisions.
- Vehicles making left-hand turns. Nearly 42 percent of all motorcycle crashes involve other vehicles turning left. Take extra precaution when riding through an intersection, passing other vehicles, or when attempting to overtake another vehicle.
- Collisions with fixed objects. Many lives are lost due to collisions with fixed objects, such as light poles, parked cars, utility poles, trees, and benches.
- Road hazards. As a motorcyclist, you should always be aware of the road conditions. Common hazards that can cause you to lose control of your bike include potholes, uneven pavement, wet roads, and uneven pavement.
- Alcohol. Speed and alcohol can reduce your ability to respond to sudden road dangers. Avoid speeding and/or driving while under the influence at all costs.
If You’ve Been Injured
A motorcycle accident can result in your inability to work and earn a living. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, call one of our experienced Daytona Beach motorcycle accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, PA at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890. Let us help you start building your case today.