A Daytona Beach motorcycle accident can often lead to a debilitating injury, resulting in a lifetime of pain and suffering. There are some things that all motorcyclists should know when it comes down to motorcycle accidents.
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, here is a list of what you should do:
- Call 911 immediately, especially in the event someone is seriously hurt.
- Go to the ER or your doctor’s office immediately if you are injured.
- Ask the other driver for their personal information, such as their name, number, address, driver’s license number, and car registration information. Also, write down their license plate number.
- Ask for the names and numbers of all witnesses.
- Use your Smartphone to click as many pictures as possible of the accident scene.
- Call your insurance company as soon as you are able.
What you shouldn’t do
One mistake, even a small one, can jeopardize your accident injury case. Do not:
- Unless you require immediate medical attention, leave the accident scene hastily.
- Give any statements to the other driver at the scene. (Speak to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney before giving any statements to the other driver’s insurance company.)
If you or someone you know was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact one of our experienced Daytona Beach motorcycle accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890. We can help you get started in building a strong accident injury case.