A few years ago, people applying for Social Security disability benefits would have to drive to the nearest office to complete an application in-person, and would likely make a trip back every time they needed to collect their checks.
These days, you can apply for benefits and set up direct deposit online, making it much easier to access your benefits from home. However, there are still instances where applicants may need to visit their local Social Security office.
How to Find the Social Security Administration Office Nearest You
The Social Security Administration's website has an easy-to-use tool that gives you all the necessary information about your local Social Security Office:
- Go to www.ssa.gov and click “Menu” in the top right corner.
- In the menu on the left, click on the link that says “Contact Us.”
- On this page, click on the link that says "Find an Office."
- Type in your zip code.
The site should respond with the address, regular telephone number, toll free number, hours of operation, driving directions, and other useful information about the Social Security Office closest to you.
Help for Social Security Disability Claimants Near Ormond Beach
For the convenience of claimants filing for disability benefits in Ormond Beach, we've provided information below for the four nearest Social Security offices. All of these locations close early on Wednesdays, and aren't open on Saturday or Sunday.
- Address: 4990 S. Clyde Morris Blvd., Port Orange, FL 32127
- Phone: 1-866-210-8089
- Driving Directions: Merge onto I-95 S and take exit 256 for FL-421 toward Port Orange. Use the left two lanes to turn left onto FL-421 E/Taylor Rd (signs for Williamson Blvd. S/Port Orange/Daytona Beach Shores). Turn right onto Clyde Morris Blvd. The office is on the right, behind Walgreens.
- Address: 1629 S. Adelle Ave., DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 1-866-964-7396
- Driving Directions: Merge onto I-95 S and continue onto I-4 W. Take exit 116 from I-4 W and turn left onto Orange Camp Rd. Turn right onto S. Woodland Blvd., and use the left two lanes to turn left onto FL-15 (Taylor Rd). Turn left onto S. Adelle Ave. The best time to visit this office is on Tuesday or Friday.
- Address: 101 Commerce St. (Ste. #2001), Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Phone: 1-866-964-7379
- Driving Directions: Merge onto I-95 S and continue onto I-4 W. Use the right two lanes to take exit 98 toward Lake Mary/Heathrow. Turn left onto W. Lake Mary Blvd., then turn right onto Lake Emma Rd. The office is on the corner of Lake Emma Rd. and Commerce St., directly across the street from Sun Lake Apartments.
- Address: 2428 Old Moultrie Rd., St. Augustine, FL 32086
- Phone: 1-877-405-5867
- Driving Directions: From I-95 N, take exit 298 to merge onto US-1 N toward St. Augustine. Turn left onto Lewis Point Rd, then turn right onto Old Moultrie Rd. The office is on the right, directly across the street from Hideaway Lake Dr.
If your benefits application has been denied, or you need help appealing your disability benefits decision, simply fill out the quick contact form on this page today to schedule a consultation with our Social Security disability attorneys at no cost to you.