Not all motorcycle accidents can be avoided. However, there are certain safety tips you can follow to minimize your risk of being seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in Daytona Beach.
The last thing you want is to have your life disrupted due a crash. Besides the physical injuries, you could be left unable to earn a living and unable to pay your bills.
Understanding Common Motorcycle Accident Locations
Part of motorcycle safety is understanding where the majority of motorcycle accidents takes place. Statistics suggest that approximately 46 percent of all motorcycle accidents occur at intersections. Nearly three people lose their lives every day in America in motorcycle crashes in intersections.
It Starts with the Right Gear
An important component of motorcycle safety has to do with investing in the proper gear. Remember, there is very little that separates you from the pavement. Wearing the proper gear can help reduce the seriousness of an injury. Proper gear includes:
- A high-quality helmet. Make sure it fits properly.
- Durable pants and a leather jacket.
- Durable boots or shoes. Make sure they cover your ankles.
- Durable non-slip gloves.
Before That First Ride of the Season
Many bikes sit dormant during the winter months. Here is a list of precautions you should take before that first ride of the season if your bike has not been used for a while:
- Check all engine fluid levels, including oil and fuel levels.
- Check all cables. Ensure they are not worn or frayed.
- Test brakes and all lights and turn signals.
- Adjust mirrors, and make sure they are properly positioned.
- Consider taking a refresher motorcycle safety course.
There are many dangers on the road for bikers. Many of these dangers are much bigger than the bike you ride on. However, there is a lot you can do to keep yourself safe:
- Always wear your helmet.
- Know your bike’s limits.
- Avoid following too closely to other vehicles.
- Look for and avoid road hazards, such as potholes, loose gravel, and/or uneven payment.
- Avoid excessive speeds.
- Never turn or switch lanes without using your turn signals.
If a Motorcycle Crash Has Left You Seriously Injured
Many motorcycle accidents are the result of another motorist’s negligence. Their mistake can end in misery for you or a loved one. Fortunately, if your injuries are the result of another person’s negligence, you might be able to hold that person liable for your damages.
We Can Help
At Johnson & Gilbert, P.A., we have helped countless Floridians get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We understand how insurance companies work and will make sure you are treated fairly, with the respect you deserve, and that you are not taken advantage of.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle, car, or truck accident, you should contact an experienced Daytona Beach motorcycle accident attorney at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A., even if you are unsure if you need legal assistance. You can reach us at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890.