This Fourth of July, law enforcement will be cracking down on drunk drivers as part of their “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign. This effort is designed to help keep you and your loved ones from being injured in a Daytona Beach car accident.
Five safety tips to keep you safe
July 4th is considered one of the deadliest holidays because of drunk-driving accidents. Here are five safety tips to keep you safe:
- Buckle up: Failing to buckle up can increase your risk of being fatally injured in a car accident.
- Don’t drink and drive: Driving impaired is dangerous. According to the NHTSA, 392 people lost their lives due to alcohol-related crashes over the Fourth of July in 2010.
- Know ahead of time how you are going to get home: You should know how you are going to get home before you leave your house. This may include calling a cab or a sober friend or loved one.
- Designate a sober driver: If you are going out with a group, designate someone ahead of time who will not be drinking. Don’t wait until everyone gets to your destination to decide who will be driving.
- Avoid other impaired drivers: Stay a safe distance behind them, do not attempt to pass, and call 911 to report them.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident involving an impaired driver, contact one of our experienced Daytona Beach car accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890.