If you have been injured in a Daytona Beach car accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, and if that driver is located, you might be able to go after their employer.


You can protect yourself

Hit-and-run accidents occur every day in Florida. In many instances, the drivers are never located. You can protect yourself and your family by purchasing uninsured motorist insurance, which will pay for your damages if the driver flees the scene and is never identified.


Going after the hit-and-run driver’s employer

If you have been injured by a hit-and-run driver you will want to consider filing an injury claim. You might be able to go after that driver’s employer if:

  • The driver is located and charged with a hit-and-run offense
  • They were on the job at the time of the accident
  • They were acting within the “scope and course” of their job when the accident occurred


Filing a claim against the driver’s employer

Just because the driver may have been on the job, it does not always mean their employer will be responsible for your damages. That is why you should speak with an experienced Daytona Beach car accident attorney who can help you file your injury claim and get you the compensation you deserve.


If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident involving a hit-and-run driver, contact one of our experienced Daytona Beach car accident attorneys at Johnson & Gilbert, P.A. at (386) 673-4412 or (800) 556-8890.

Post A Comment